Lose 20 Pounds More Per Year by Eating 100 Calories Less & Burning 100 Calories More
Now let’s say you are already dieting and have a program of exercise that helps you lose weight. Do you know what consuming 100 calories less a day and burning 100 more calories a day will do for your weight loss per year? You will lose 20 pounds more!
It’s true. 200 calories times 365 days is 73,000 calories which is equivalent to more than 20 pounds of fat. While 73,000 calories sounds like an awful lot, it really isn’t in the grand scheme of your diet. If you are able to get in the habit of doing just a couple of simple things each and every day, you will be able to easily make this happen. We have a few suggestions to get you started!
But first, why not give yourself a little added incentive and weight loss motivation in the form of cash winnings for losing weight? See just how much you can win for losing by checking out our Prize Calculator, and then sign up to start your personal weight loss challenge, a HealthyWager Challenge, today!
5 our our favorite and creative activities we found burn 100 calories or more:
1. Take a break and walk for 20 minutes to get coffee. Walking anywhere, whether for coffee or shopping at a mall, for 20 minutes will burn approximately 100 calories.
2. Pace during your phone calls. Too many of us sit throughout the day and especially when on the computer or on the phone. Pacing during a 30 minute conversation will burn 100.
4. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. 11 minutes of climbing stairs a day will burn 100 calories while getting your glutes in shape!
5. Go bowling for 29 minutes—just don’t have the burger, fries and beer! If you don’t like bowling, go golfing or play frisbee. Do something physical that is fun and doesn’t feel like you are working out.
5 creative ways to consume 100 less calories a day:
1. The easiest way to consume less calories is replace soda with water. A 12 oz can of soda is 140 calories and water is ZERO!. And supposedly the key to burning even more is to have ice cold water as your body will burn more calories heating the water before your body can digest it.
2. Use smaller plates to help with portion control. If you can fit less on your plate, the more likely you will only eat that amount rather than food on a much larger plate.
3. Eat slower. It takes about 20 minutes for your stomach to tell your brain that you are full. If you eat quickly the chances are you will consumer a lot more calories before feeling full than eating slowly. It also will help if you start your meals off lower calorie items first.
4. Replace common condiments like ketchup and mayo with lower calories items such as mustard or low fat greek yogurt. 1 tablespoon of mayo is about 90 calories! You won’t really notice the change and your pants will fit much better!
5. Cut out one food/drink area completely from your diet. This one may be hard for some but one that gets you a lot of mileage. The areas at the top of the list for most people are alcohol, cheese and/or hard candy.
Don’t forget to check out our Prize Calculator to see how much money you can win for losing weight!