Watch as Ellen Resnick, Director at Center for Thoughtful Weight Loss, does a follow up Youtube to the popular Shrink and Wash: Using CBT for Permanent Weight Loss™. The answer to the big question “what happened to the rest of the bunny?” after that fateful day when Wendy was overly tired and ate the head of her child’s chocolate bunny is revealed for the first time here today.
We all have those days…you know the ones… when you’re overly tired, stressed out, upset, sad, or frustrated, and you soothe yourself with food.
Wendy’s been reading the Beck Diet Solution: Train Your Brain to Think Like a Thin Person. Watch as she describes with “kindsight” the lessons she’s learned about permanent weight loss.
- On good days she makes good choices (the day she baked the cookies she felt strong and in control and planned to bring the cookies to work after she and the kids tasted a few). Great plan!
- Even on good days, don’t make your favorite cookies when no one else in the house really enjoys them.
- On challenging days she needs to be especially mindful so that she is not soothing with food on autopilot. Be present at all times-stay focused!
- Learn to tell the difference between hunger and cravings.
- Stop when you’re satisfied.
- Food is wasted whether it’s in the garbage or on her hips. Next time the cookies get dumped or given away.
- Look at her reasons to lose weight every day, and especially when she feels tempted to eat something off plan.
- Remember that life is not perfect—it’s a series of good and bad days. Forgive yourself immediately for a slip and get right back on track.
Remember not to lose your head!
Have a great Labor Day everyone.
Ellen Resnick is a psychotherapist in private practice in San Francisco and Redwood City, California. She specializes in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and incorporates the use of mindfulness into the treatment of depression, anxiety, and emotional overeating. She runs a holistic weight loss program called Center for Thoughtful Weight Loss, http://www.thoughtfulweightloss.com. You can email Ellen at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow her on Twitter at @thoughtfullellen. You can also follow Ellen’s weight loss board on Pinterest at pinterest.com/ellenresnick/
Copyright © 2012 Ellen N. Resnick, LCSW